When it comes to cooling solutions for your home there is no one-size fits all. We have different air conditioning options to best deal with your home’s specific challenges. For some, central air works best. For other homes, a stand-alone unit does a better job. We’ll walk you through the features and benefits of each to arrive at a solution that works for you and your family.
- Central Air Conditioning
- Ductless Air Conditioning
- Computer Room Cooling
- Lennox Ultimate Home Comfort System
- Zuba Central -30
It may seem obvious why you might install an air conditioner in your home but had you considered…
1. Cool air is essential for the very young and very old to help get through our hot and sticky days. It is easy for people in these age groups to overheat or suffer from more serious heat related health issues.
2. An air conditioner gives the home owner the option to keep doors and windows closed on hot days. This is especially important for people that suffer from allergies and other respiratory issues. By keeping doors and windows closed you are able to have the cleanest possible air in your home.
3. An air conditioner can also act as a de-humidifier reducing the growth of molds and mildews in your home.
Whether you’re buying a system for your home or office, proper planning can ensure that you’ll receive efficient, energy saving comfort, exceptional value and an excellent return on your investment. Before long you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.
Talk to a professional at Cook’s to get the information you need before you buy. Today’s state-of-the-art air conditioning units not only cool the air, they condition it. And many varieties can act as a heater in the winter. We stay up to date on the latest technologies and installation practices. To see the latest systems on the market, visit Cook’s today.
Central Air Conditioning
Ductless Air Conditioning
The term ductless air conditioning simply means no ductwork involved. A Mr. Slim system has two basic components:
- Indoor air handling unit
- Slim-line outdoor condenser unit
Where many systems that rely on ductwork lose 20-40 percent of the cool air through transfer a ductless air conditioning system ensures you utilize all of the cool air produced. Generally a ductless system will use 30 percent less energy than a traditional system saving you money.
Need more reasons to go ductless?
- Increased efficiency
- Cost Savings
- Heating and Cooling
- Targeted Temperature Control
- Easy Installation
- Environmentally Friendly
When you need a change in temperature…talk to Cook’s
Computer Room Cooling
Many restaurants, telecom stations and businesses and buildings with mechanical rooms require specialized cooling systems to ensure safety and limit machinery malfunction. Mr.Slim low ambient P-Series cooling systems have been specially designed for our harsh Canadian climate. The P-Series Ultra Low system will cool effectively in weather down to -40 degrees celsius while the P-Series Low can be trusted to -18. With 30 years in Canada,Cook’s is proud to have Mitsubishi’s Mr.Slim be your cold weather solution to cooling.
Mr. Slim P-Series is the ductless solution for demanding environments that require an efficient and reliable heating or cooling system. P-Series ductless systems are stylish, compact, and more attractive than traditional systems.Advanced technology also means your Mr. Slim ductless system will run more efficiently than a conventional unit, saving you from rising energy costs.
We know that all spaces were not created equal so whether you have an L-shaped room or a large conference centre, Mr. Slim P-Series allows two indoor units to operate simultaneously with a single outdoor unit, providing you with all your heating and cooling needs. Temperatures remain consistent throughout the room leaving no corner unreached.
- Only one outdoor unit needed, reducing exterior space requirements
- Interior units work together to heat or cool large areas
- Easy installation
- Various indoor combinations available
The DC Scroll Compressor is atthe heart of this advanced technology.
Lennox Ultimate Home Comfort System
Lennox only partners with the best installers. And Lennox chose Cook’s!
A Groundbreaking heating and air-conditioning system that makes perfection possible.
Always on the cutting edge of home comfort technology, the Lennox Ultimate Home Comfort System is perhaps the most recognized name in heating and cooling. And Lennox puts that reputation on the line when they select a local company to install their quality equipment. The Superheroes at Cook’s are the choice of Lennox in this area.
Get the latest technology working for you.
A truly revolutionary system offers more than better air — it offers brilliant new solutions to energy use.
The Lennox Ultimate Comfort System™ is a whole-home solution combining a traditional furnace with heat-pump technology and air-quality options. The result is a system that reduces the constant rising and falling temperatures you get with conventional HVAC equipment. The result is a home that isn’t just a little too hot, or a little too cold. With Lennox, it’s actually possible to be, “Just right,” all the time.
Ask the mild-mannered representative at Cook’s how easy it is to get the Lennox Ultimate Comfort System™ in your home, for less than you might think.
Zuba Central -30
Forget everything you think you know about heating and cooling your home. A Zuba Central unit from Mitsubishi is so advanced your savings and comfort will be unmatched. Made in Canada for Canadians, the Zuba Central is incredibly small and will fit to your existing duct work and run vibration free to provide your home with ultra quiet heating and cooling. Zuba Central is packed with so many advancements it is a true evolution in whole-home, year-round comfort.
Utilizing a heat pump and centralized duct work, the Zuba-Central has the capacity to save the average homeowner up to 53% annually on heating costs over a traditional gas furnace. Zuba-Central offers optimal comfort with the intelligent VCSi technology & ECM fan motor. The capacity of the system is constantly changing in response to the actual demand of the house. And don’t worry if the temperatures dip and drop and we know to happen in our northern climate. Zuba-Central operates at high efficiency down to -30°C with Mitsubishi’s exclusiveH2i technology. The system is electrically operated even under extreme low outdoor temperatures. You received high energy efficiency all year long without compromise.
Give Cook’s a call to see how a Zuba-Central could work for you!
Quality Lennox Products
Dave Lennox Signature® Collection SL18XC1 Air Conditioner
- Efficiency rating of up to 18.50 SEER can save you hundreds of dollars each year**, compared to a standard air conditioner.
- This product has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR certified products in 2016. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2016 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- SunSource® Solar-Ready option allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your air conditioner and more.
- SilentComfort™ technology delivers sounds levels as low as 65dB, providing the ultimate in quiet, consistent cooling.
- SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades provides extremely reliable starting and running performance, even under the harshest outdoor conditions.
- Lennox® Quantum™ Coil helps offer corrosion resistance in harsh outdoor environments, including coastal areas.
Here are some of the top features of the SL18XC1:
- The most efficient single-stage air conditioner you can buy*
- Efficiency ratings of up to 18.50 SEER can save you hundreds of dollars a year, compared to a standard air conditioner
- ENERGY STAR® certified meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- SunSource® Solar-Ready option allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your air conditioner and more, reducing energy consumption and utility costs
- iComfort®-enabled technology allows the air conditioner, when installed with the easy-to-use programmable iComfort® thermostats, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance and efficiency***
- Federal, state and local tax rebates and incentives may be available with a SunSource solar installation†
- The quietest single-stage air conditioner you can buy*
- SilentComfort™ technology delivers sounds levels as low as 65dB, providing the ultimate in quiet, consistent cooling
- SilentComfort™ Fan Grille uses patent-pending, vortex-suppression technology to reduce sound of airflow exiting unit, providing a quieter environment outside your home
- Precision molded compressor sound cover minimizes operating sounds
- Dependable scroll compressor with Silent Comfort technology provides smooth, efficient and reliable operation
- Lennox® Quantum™ Coil helps offer corrosion resistance in harsh outdoor environments, including coastal areas.
- SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades provides reliable starting and running performance, even under harsh outdoor conditions
- PermaGuard™ Cabinet, heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide protection against rust and corrosion
- SmartHinge™ louver design allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance; helps protect coils from damage and provides clean appearance
- Renewable energy resource delivers environmental benefits when upgraded to a SunSource® Home Energy System that turns solar energy into electricity for your home
- Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
PublicationsSL18XC1 Air Conditioner Product Brochure
* Air conditioners/heat pumps have sound ratings established per AHRIâ€™s test standard: AHRI 270-08 (August 2014). The SL18XC1 has the lowest sound rating of any single-stage air conditioner of any major U.S. brand of air conditioner equipment. Efficiency claim based on comparison of single-stage air conditioner productsâ€™ SEER as published in AHRI in June 2015. The SL18XC1 has a maximum rated efficiency of 18.50 SEER. **Savings chart shows the 5-year savings you can expect from an 18.50 SEER heat pump vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER rating. The regions used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications, with 1,800 cooling hours per year and 12.29 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average residential electric rate, August 2014 YTD). Your actual costs may vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
***iComfort® thermostat must be installed with an iComfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.
†Consult your tax expert before claiming energy efficiency solar tax credits.
††Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSense® 7500 Series or iComfort® thermostat.