Our water treatment solutions can deal with the most challenging water problems. There is nothing more important than consistently clean, safe water for your family. Choose Cook’s and have the peace of mind that your water is trouble-free. Some of your water treatment options include:
Reasons to consider treating your water:
- A high level of lead in your water, as shown by water testing
- A high level of a contaminant in your water, such as radon in water from a well
- An extremely compromised immune system, such as those with HIV or who are on chemotherapy
With a Reverse Osmosis System (RO) installed by Cook’s you can have bottled quality water or better straight from your tap. Go beyond removing rust, dirt and chlorine from your water. By placing water under pressure and passing it through a semi-permeable membrane, up to 99% of dissolved contaminants are simply washed away down your drain.
Cook’s can install a Water Group RO system in your home to meet your family’s water needs. Of all methods to purify water for domestic use, the process of using Reverse Osmosis is the
most advanced, economical and effective. RO remove bacteria, viruses, parasites, heavy metals, inorganic chemicals, pesticides and algae. It should be noted however that domestic units are designed to be used on pre-treated municipal water only.
How Does Reverse Osmosis Systems Work?
Ultraviolet Light (UV)
Ultraviolet light (UV) is a chemical-free, all natural way to ensure bacteria and viruses can’t harm you or your family and since hundreds of litres of water can be treated for pennies it is incredibly economical. Well and lake supplied water can contain microbial contaminants. With no byproducts and simple operation a UV system from Cook’s can ease your worries.
Although we cannot see UV light or rays, we are exposed to them every time we step out into the sun. Ultraviolet systems use special lamps or bulbs that emit UV light of a particular wavelength. The Ultraviolet energy attacks the genetic core of the micro organ
ism and rearranges the DNA /RNA eliminating the microorganism’s ability to function and reproduce. If the microorganism can no longer reproduce, it cannot replicate, therefore it cannot infect organisms with which it has contact.
It is important to properly ‘size’ the UV based upon the application. It is equally important to use a good pre-filter to remove any dirt or debris that may be present in the raw water supply. This dirt and debris can interfere with the effectiveness of the UV rays – virtually giving the microorganism a shield to protect them when passing the UV rays.
With programmable and even ultra-quiet options, water filters have very reasonable operating costs, require no chemical mixing and are even safe for septic systems.No one likes unsightly rust stains and discoloured water.
10 Reasons to Filter Water – AllAboutWater.org
- In order to capitalize on the health benefits of water, it is essential to draw from a clean source of water.
- Drinking impure, contaminated water is the leading cause of epidemic disease in developing countries.
- There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
- Bottled water does not offer a viable alternative to tap water.
- Municipal water treatment facilities cannot always control for the outbreak of dangerous bacterial contaminants in tap water.
- The only way to ensure pure, contaminant-free drinking water is through the use of a point-of-use filtration system.
- Several types of cancer can be attributed to the presence of toxic materials in drinking water.
- Clean, healthy drinking water is essential to a child’s proper mental and physical development.
- According to the EPA, lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children each year in the United States alone.
- It is especially important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.
Water filter systems remove:
- Microbes, including viruses, bacteria, and parasites, such as cryptosporidium and giardia
- By products of the disinfection process
Water softeners remove excess magnesium and calcium in your water by exchanging it for sodium in a process called ion exchange.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
Let the good folks at Cook’s help soften things up!
Kinetico Signature Series water softeners are modeled after our time-tested twin tank, non-electric water softeners which have been solving the water problems of millions of people worldwide for decades. Powered by the energy of flowing water, instead of electricity, you can count on Signature Series water softeners to solve your hard water problems. They’re reliable, economical and the perfect fit in many homes.
- Non-Electric Operation – Operation is simple and reliable. There are no timers or computers to set, adjust, repair or replace.
- Works on Demand – Systems meter water use and regenerate based on actual usage. you won’t waster water or salt, yet you’ll always have clean, soft water whenever you need it.
- Smart Disk – Set to accommodate your specific water conditions.
- Soft Water, Countercurrent Regeneration – You’ll enjoy the benefits of improved system efficiency and water quality thanks to Kinetico’s superior regeneration process.
- Twin Tank System – One tank is always in service, even during regeneration, for an unlimited supply of clean, soft water.
- Efficient Hardness – Get the water you want in your home without sacrificing savings and convenience.
What do all these features mean for you?
- Soft water means needing less shampoo, soaps and other detergents.
- Makes soft water only when you need it.
- No electricity needed.
- Uses less salt.
- Keeps appliances and fixtures cleaner and longer lasting.
Hard water leaves spots on otherwise clean dishes, a film on your shower and can overtime affect the performance of your homes plumbing system.
Yet not all softeners are created equal and vary in the amount of water and salt they consume. As the leader in water softening, Cook’s does the work for you. With literally thousands of options available, Cook’s has sorted through the available Water Softeners to find the best choices. Our recommendations are based on decades of experience installing and servicing water softeners and seeing how well they perform in Grey-Bruce climate.
The installation and repair experts at Cook’s know which makes, models and series perform the best over the long haul. If you’re looking for a trouble-free experience with the latest upgrades and features, we’ve got what you need, ready to install in your home.
Our environment is currently suffering from heightened levels of sodium chloride and water softeners are a contributor to that problem. By selecting a softener that uses less water and salt, we can help to conserve and protect our precious water resources while lowering expenses at the same time.
Most water softeners on the market operate on an “ion exchange” system. Calcium and magnesium are exchanged for sodium (salt) or potassium (salt) ions. This takes place within the resin tank of the water softener. As the water flows through the resin beads, the calcium and magnesium ions trade places with the sodium ions. That is why softened water becomes higher in salt content. Over time the beads become exhausted and contain nothing but calcium and magnesium, thus requiring recharge. That is why you need to put bags of salt in the brine tank.
There are many dimensions to life hydrated by Kinetico. It starts with industry-leading water softeners and reverse osmosis systems designed to work smarter and more efficiently to deliver long-lasting comfort, tailored to your home and lifestyle. Your water is soft, it looks, tastes and feels better. Then there are the benefits of softer skin, silkier hair, and longer-lasting clothes, fixtures and appliances. You’ll also no longer need bottled water, so you won’t be creating plastic waste. And every Kinetico system is backed by the longest warranties around. It’s why Kinetico customers love their water and refer their friends time and again.
How much electricity does it take to operate a Kinetico whole home water treatment system?
Kinetico’s whole home water treatment system provides non-electric operation. There’s nothing to plug in, no buttons to push, timers to set and reset or adjustments to make. There won’t be an increase in your electric bill. And you won’t have any problems with power outages or surges. Best of all, there are no expensive electrical components to repair or replace.
How expensive are water treatment systems?
A whole home water treatment system will pay for itself in many ways. Treated water helps your water heater run more efficiently, reducing energy bills.
Treated water is easier on your pipes, plumbing fixtures and your water-related appliances resulting in fewer repairs and related costs.
Additionally, treated water requires less detergent to wash clothes and dishes. It also saves on the amount of shampoo and conditioners you use.
Also, a drinking water system is much more economical than purchasing bottled water for your home.
Pentair Water Purification
Cook’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling also offers Pentair Water Treatment systems, together we strive to offer the highest quality products in water filtration solutions. As you seek to enhance the
For more than 40 years, Pentair has been the quality choice for water treatment professionals due to our strong, reliable brands and product lines including: GE, Fleck, Pentek, Autotrol, Aquamatic, Everpure, Wellmate and more. Our various water filtration systems offer whole-home and point-of-use applications that work to provide the best, quality water for your home.
Whether it’s an under-sink system or whole-house water softener, you can rest assured that our rigorously tested products stand up to Water Quality Association (WQA) and NSF International standards to remove impurities and provide clean, crisp-tasting water every time.