Solar Hot Water
Whether building a new home or as an environmentally responsible addition to your present home, solar water heating is an attractive, safe and reliable choice.
As the leader in heating, cooling and indoor air quality, Cook’s does the work for you. With literally thousands of options available, Cook’s has sorted through the available products to select the best options for your Solar Hot Water Heating choice. Our recommendations are based on decades of experience installing and servicing Solar Hot Water Heaters and seeing how well they perform in Grey-Bruce climate.
• Full basic domestic hot water system.
• Includes Wilo Pump Station, NASS HPC Solar Collector, NASS SPT storage tank with built in heat exchangers.
• Rated -55ºC
• Cheap and reliable warming solution with simple structure and easy installation
• Could be used in any climate
• High efficiency with daily average efficiency higher than 80-85%
• Withstands full main pressure of household water supply
• Operation without any power supply when using solar water circulation pumps
• Could be installed with parallel and/or series connections
• Auxiliary electric booster is optional: 1500W
• Solar Collector
• Vacuum Tubes
• Heat Pipes inside Solar Vacuum Tube
• Water Pump With Expansion Tank
• Smart Controller
• Water Storage Tank
• 94% efficiency
• 8000 BTU minimum output
• Economical wall hung
• Outdoor reset
• Easy temperature adjust
• 10 to 1 turn down
• Great for small loads
• Field supplied primary pump (recommend Grundfos 15-58)
• 6 ft power cord
• Stainless heat exchanger with titanium infused shell
• Warranty: 10 yrs heat exchanger. 2 yrs parts
Solar water heating systems advantages:
- These systems use solar energy which is a free and renewable source of energy, free because nobody owns the Sun and renewable because solar energy cannot be depleted like fossil fuels.
- These systems use solar energy which help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, improving our energy security and energy independence in the process by reducing the need for expensive foreign fuel import.
- In sunny and warm places with high insulation values, solar water heating systems are very cost effective.
- Many countries around the world offer favourable incentives for the installation of solar water heating systems.
- Relatively good payback period, on average between 5-10 years
- These systems have low maintenance costs.
Solar Water Heating made easy! 3 steps to free hot water:
1. Solar Home Inspection
We will visit your home at your convenience to determine the best location to install your solar water heating system.
2. Professional Installation
We will perform a complete, turnkey installation of your solar hot water heating system. Most installations can be done in a single day, although this may vary due to site constraints.
3. Enjoy the Savings and help the Environment
Once your solar appliance is installed, you will immediately begin saving money on your energy bill and improving your home’s energy efficiency. By using less energy from high polluting, non renewable sources, you will also be reducing green house gases that are a major contributor to global warming.