How Do Water Softeners Work?
Let the good folks at Cook’s help soften things up!
Kinetico Signature Series water softeners are modeled after our time-tested twin tank, non-electric water softeners which have been solving the water problems of millions of people worldwide for decades. Powered by the energy of flowing water, instead of electricity, you can count on Signature Series water softeners to solve your hard water problems. They’re reliable, economical and the perfect fit in many homes.
- Non-Electric Operation – Operation is simple and reliable. There are no timers or computers to set, adjust, repair or replace.
- Works on Demand – Systems meter water use and regenerate based on actual usage. you won’t waster water or salt, yet you’ll always have clean, soft water whenever you need it.
- Smart Disk – Set to accommodate your specific water conditions.
- Soft Water, Countercurrent Regeneration – You’ll enjoy the benefits of improved system efficiency and water quality thanks to Kinetico’s superior regeneration process.
- Twin Tank System – One tank is always in service, even during regeneration, for an unlimited supply of clean, soft water.
- Efficient Hardness – Get the water you want in your home without sacrificing savings and convenience.
What do all these features mean for you?
- Soft water means needing less shampoo, soaps and other detergents.
- Makes soft water only when you need it.
- No electricity needed.
- Uses less salt.
- Keeps appliances and fixtures cleaner and longer lasting.
Hard water leaves spots on otherwise clean dishes, a film on your shower and can overtime affect the performance of your homes plumbing system.
Yet not all softeners are created equal and vary in the amount of water and salt they consume. As the leader in water softening, Cook’s does the work for you. With literally thousands of options available, Cook’s has sorted through the available Water Softeners to find the best choices. Our recommendations are based on decades of experience installing and servicing water softeners and seeing how well they perform in Grey-Bruce climate.
The installation and repair experts at Cook’s know which makes, models and series perform the best over the long haul. If you’re looking for a trouble-free experience with the latest upgrades and features, we’ve got what you need, ready to install in your home.
Our environment is currently suffering from heightened levels of sodium chloride and water softeners are a contributor to that problem. By selecting a softener that uses less water and salt, we can help to conserve and protect our precious water resources while lowering expenses at the same time.
Most water softeners on the market operate on an “ion exchange” system. Calcium and magnesium are exchanged for sodium (salt) or potassium (salt) ions. This takes place within the resin tank of the water softener. As the water flows through the resin beads, the calcium and magnesium ions trade places with the sodium ions. That is why softened water becomes higher in salt content. Over time the beads become exhausted and contain nothing but calcium and magnesium, thus requiring recharge. That is why you need to put bags of salt in the brine tank.
There are many dimensions to life hydrated by Kinetico. It starts with industry-leading water softeners and reverse osmosis systems designed to work smarter and more efficiently to deliver long-lasting comfort, tailored to your home and lifestyle. Your water is soft, it looks, tastes and feels better. Then there are the benefits of softer skin, silkier hair, and longer-lasting clothes, fixtures and appliances. You’ll also no longer need bottled water, so you won’t be creating plastic waste. And every Kinetico system is backed by the longest warranties around. It’s why Kinetico customers love their water and refer their friends time and again.
How much electricity does it take to operate a Kinetico whole home water treatment system?
Kinetico’s whole home water treatment system provides non-electric operation. There’s nothing to plug in, no buttons to push, timers to set and reset or adjustments to make. There won’t be an increase in your electric bill. And you won’t have any problems with power outages or surges. Best of all, there are no expensive electrical components to repair or replace.
How expensive are water treatment systems?
- A whole home water treatment system will pay for itself in many ways. Treated water helps your water heater run more efficiently, reducing energy bills.
- Treated water is easier on your pipes, plumbing fixtures and your water-related appliances resulting in fewer repairs and related costs.
- Additionally, treated water requires less detergent to wash clothes and dishes. It also saves on the amount of shampoo and conditioners you use.
- Also, a drinking water system is much more economical than purchasing bottled water for your home.
Pentair Water Purification
Cook’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling also offers Pentair Water Treatment systems, together we strive to offer the highest quality products in water filtration solutions. As you seek to enhance the
For more than 40 years, Pentair has been the quality choice for water treatment professionals due to our strong, reliable brands and product lines including: GE, Fleck, Pentek, Autotrol, Aquamatic, Everpure, Wellmate and more. Our various water filtration systems offer whole-home and point-of-use applications that work to provide the best, quality water for your home.
Whether it’s an under-sink system or whole-house water softener, you can rest assured that our rigorously tested products stand up to Water Quality Association (WQA) and NSF International standards to remove impurities and provide clean, crisp-tasting water every time.